GiTAGGED® Guntur Sannam Chilli (Powder) – 1Kg
₹ 298 incl. GST
120 in stock
GI Tagged Guntur Sannam Chilli Powder
Guntur, Warangal, Prakasam and Khammam Districts
|GI Status Awarded|
2010 – 2011
- Chilies are Called as Fruits of genus Capsicum.• Chilies have been a part of the human diet since 7500 BC.
- There are over 400 varieties of Chillies in the world.
- Christopher Columbus was the 1st Europeans to encounter Chili & called them Peppers.
Guntur Sannam Chilli has got its specific characteristics which have enabled it to earn international and national acclaim. Sannam chilli is generally known to trade as S4 type chilli, and is mainly used for its pungency and for the extraction and derivation of capsaicin.The following are the chief attributes/characteristics of Guntur Sannam Chilli:
- The Guntur Sannam chilli belongs to Capsicun Annum var longhum variety with long fruits (5 to 15 cm in length) and diameter range from 0.5 to 1.5 cm.
- The chilli has thick skin.
- The chilli is hot and pungent with average pungency of 35,000 to 40,000 SHU.
- The chilli is red with ASTA color value of about 32.11.
- The content of Capsaicin is about 0.226%.
- This chilli is rich in Vitamin C (185mg/100g) and Protein (11.98g/100g).
- The peak harvesting season is from December to May.