Kachchh Shawls Kutch, initially a link between Indian mainland and the North West Frontier, is home to a large number of diverse migrated communities. It is said that weaving community in Kutch are Originally from Rajasthan who happened settle in the region about 500 years ago.
Extra weft Technique
Kutch Fabrics are known for their unique technique called as extra weft, a skill that came into being due to Harsh and Extreme Climatic necessities.
Origin : The Weaving of Shawls at Kutch has two stories
Legend 1: It is said that a girl belonging to a very rich Rabari family settled down in Kutch, she had a personal weaver to weave her clothes. This family of weavers gradually grew into a larger community and spread to different settlements of Kachchh.
Legend 2 : Ramdev Peer, a saint on a pilgrimage from Rajasthan came to Narayan Sarovar in Kutch. His followers built a temple for him. In order to look after the temple, the saint brought his kin from Marwar, Rajasthan, eventually leading to the settlement of the Meghwal community of weavers from Marwar at Kachchh.
- Fine Weaving.
- Traditional intricate Motifs.
- The Fabric are of Coarser Counts.
- Intricate Motif peculiar to Kutch.
- Hereditary skills of Craftsmen & Women of Kutch.
- Light Weight, Warm and Soft.
Why You Should Buy This Kutch Shawl?
- Shear luxury with touch of authentic craftsmanship.
- Soft to the touch. It allows easy movement.
- Keeps you warm and cozy on a cool day.
- Gives you imperial look.
- Ideal for social or casual occasions during changing weather, and especially during winters.
- The perfect gift for all occasions and seasons.
Kutch Shawls produced from Local Wool, Art Wool, Merino wool and has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI) Status by Government of India in 2011 with the GI Number 157.
- Gentle hand wash or machine wash.
- Use mild detergents to wash at home
- Do not twist or wring the shawl.
Accessorize your wardrobe with this beautiful Kachchh Shawl made from Art Wool, and get set to make a difference.
There are no reviews yet.