The name Machilipatnam derived owing to the construction of a gate to the town, decorated with the eyes of a fish (machli), Pedana is the town & the main industry for the age-old kalamkari and weaving.
Producing of Kalamkari involves dyes made up of Natural Obtaining substances like Fruits, Cow Dung, Myrobalam flowers, Pomegranate Rind, Maddar and other substance used to create variable colors.
Machilipatnam Kalamkari Stole continues to adopt 11 Intricate Steps of Production like Preparation of dye mixtures, Pre & post-treatment of cloth for printing & finishing.
Intricate and delicate overall Persian twine motifs and Liberal application of stylized flora and fauna motifs with zig-zag outlines and pointed edges leading to thick and thin areas in the design.
Traditional Motifs of Machilipatnam Kalamkari Include one of the five following 1) Floral 2) Fruits 3) Animals
- The ground color of Machilipatnam Kalamkari hand block printed textile is grey which is then washed, boiled & bleached with cow dung to get cloth white.
- Involved 11 Intricate Steps of Production like Preparation of dye mixtures, Pre & post-treatment of cloth for printing & finishing.
- Use of natural fibers and vegetable dyes extracted from barks, flowers, leaves, seeds, fruits, and roots for printing.
- Peculiar richness in the water of Machilipatnam which is said to account for the brilliance of colors.
- Perfect harmony and distribution of colors used in the designs.
- Geographical & climatic conditions add to the refinement of the desired shades of colors.
There are no reviews yet.