₹ 71 incl. GST
Out of stock
Email when stock available
Vazhakkulam, the city of Pineapples is known for the sweetest pineapples of India. Vazhakkulam pineapples is called as the heavenly fruit for its large size, Immense Juice and exquisite aroma, a true tropical flavour with immense health benefits..
Vazhakkulam pineapples Uniqueness
• Excessively Juicy when compared to other varieties.
• Large Size (1.3-1.6 kg).
• Sweetest Pineapples (14-16 degree brix or Sugar Content).
• Golden Yellow and Crisp Flesh.
• Originally Introduced by Portuguese from Brazil.
|Product Code (SKU)||
Ernakulam, Idukki, Kottayam, Pathanamthi District
|GI Status Awarded||
2009 – 2010
• Pineapples are International symbols of welcome.• A symbolic way of saying “you are perfect”, when presented to someone.
• Vazhakulam market is known as one of Asia’s largest pineapple market.
• Pineapple is a large compound fruit made up of tiny individual “fruitlets”.
• Explorer Christopher Columbus in 1493 found pineapples on Guadeloupe Island in the Caribbean. He called it “Pine of the Indians”.
• Bromelain enzyme in pineapples is what impart immense medicinal properties to the fruit., It a cure for diarrhea and indigestion and helps in maintaining ideal weight and balanced nutrition.
• 100gm of pineapple contain: 87% water, 2.3gm of edible fiber, 50mg of vitamin C, high level of potassium, manganese, folic acid, vitamin B1 and B2. Hence Pineapples is one of the world’s most nutritious food items.