Vazhakkulam, the city of Pineapples is known for the sweetest pineapples of India. Vazhakkulam pineapples is called as the heavenly fruit for its large size, Immense Juice and exquisite aroma, a true tropical flavour with immense health benefits..
Vazhakkulam pineapples Uniqueness
• Excessively Juicy when compared to other varieties.
• Large Size (1.3-1.6 kg).
• Sweetest Pineapples (14-16 degree brix or Sugar Content).
• Golden Yellow and Crisp Flesh.
• Originally Introduced by Portuguese from Brazil.
|Product Code (SKU)|
Ernakulam, Idukki, Kottayam, Pathanamthi District
|GI Status Awarded|
2009 – 2010
• Pineapples are International symbols of welcome.• A symbolic way of saying “you are perfect”, when presented to someone.
• Vazhakulam market is known as one of Asia’s largest pineapple market.
• Pineapple is a large compound fruit made up of tiny individual “fruitlets”.
• Explorer Christopher Columbus in 1493 found pineapples on Guadeloupe Island in the Caribbean. He called it “Pine of the Indians”.
• Bromelain enzyme in pineapples is what impart immense medicinal properties to the fruit., It a cure for diarrhea and indigestion and helps in maintaining ideal weight and balanced nutrition.
• 100gm of pineapple contain: 87% water, 2.3gm of edible fiber, 50mg of vitamin C, high level of potassium, manganese, folic acid, vitamin B1 and B2. Hence Pineapples is one of the world’s most nutritious food items.