GiTAGGED® Alleppey Green Cardamom (Whole) – 50gms
₹ 228 incl. GST
497 in stock
Alleppey Green Cardamom (Green Elaichi)
Alleppey, Kerala, India
|GI Status Awarded|
Cardamom also finds application in the indigenous system of medicine. In Ayurveda and Sidha systems, cardamom finds application as a component of several therapeutic formulations.
- Charaka Samhita denotes it as an antidote for food poisoning.
- Low in fat content and rich in proteins.
- Chewing of Cardamom seeds prevents bad smell of mouth, indigestion and even pyrosis.
- A daily gargle of cardamom water protects the body from flu infections.
- Effective against many dermatological disorders.
- Eladigana- is a cure to vata (arthritis) and kapha (congestion).
- The terpenoid constituents of cardamom transform it into an effective anti-fungal medication.
- Consuming a cardamom capsule daily with a tablespoon of honey improves eyesight, strengthens the nervous system and keeps one healthy.
- It is used as an ingredient in over 34 medical preparations like Brahmi Rasayana, the one used for treating inflammations.
- Enhances oxidation and detoxification of xenobiotics, the anti- inflammatory activities and immuno-biological defense mechanisms of the human body.
- It checks nausea, vomiting and is reported to be a cardiac stimulant.
- Cardamom is also used as an ingredient in preparations used for the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, hemorrhoids, cardiac disorders, dyspepsia, and gastropathy, vatha and for many other diseases.
- Cardamom is used in mouth-fresheners, health drinks – because it helps burn fat.
- It is used in medicines that help reduce acidity and stomach-ache.
- It is also used for the treatment of depression, mouth ulcers, and digestive problems.
- Cardamom also has a carminative effect that helps release unwanted gas from the body.
Cardamom is very popular as a spice and a food additive because of its delicious flavor. It is an indispensable substance in culinary use.
- Alleppey Green Cardamom is one of the Oldest variety of Cardamom, which has a history as old as human civilization.
- In the Middle East, drinking cardamom-infused coffee is a ritual.
- In Arab countries it is an inevitable ingredient in tea preparation. There even exists folklore that coffee with cardamom is a symbol of hospitality and prestige.
- After saffron and vanilla, cardamom is perfumery’s third most expensive spice.
- Cardamom in 176 AD was on of the Indian Spices liable to Tax at Alexandria.
- From coffee to colognes, cardamom is the most favored fragrance note in the world.
- Cardamom is the spice responsible for the unique and exotic flavor of the World-famous Bedouin coffee.