Kullu Shawl (covering Kullu Handloom Products like Pure Wool Shawls, Stoles, Mufflers, Ponchos, Partus, etc.)
The Kullu Shawl is famous for its unique texture, yarn, and standard traditional design patterns. The shawl is mostly made up of Pashmina wool so that it is also known as Pashmina Shawls. It could be specified as the fabric made on the handloom with yarn on which value addition is done by inserting design threads during weaving by hand to develop geometric/floral motifs in such a manner that both sides of fabric give the same look.
The Kullu Shawl Price depends upon the quality of wool and the pattern and ranges from Rs. 800 to Rs. 12000. Besides Shawls, mufflers and pattus are also being manufactured in Kullu.
Pure Pashmina Shawl Price in India starts from Rs.6000.
Local wool is obtained from sheep bred in Himachal Pradesh. Most of the sheep are migratory. In summers, the local shepherds called Gaddies to migrate from the villages to the higher hills for grazing. In winters, the sheep are brought back to their villages. These sheep are reared twice a year during the autumn and spring seasons i.e. in September and April. This wool is obtainable in natural colors white, black and grey, and brown. Due to its coarseness, local wool is usually used for flooring and blankets. These days, mostly Merino wool, Angora wool, and their blend are also being used in the weaving of Kullu Shawl.
Name of Geographical Indication: Kullu Shawl
Kullu is the capital town of the Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh, the state of India. Kullu Shawls are named after Kullu Valley. The Kullu valley is also known as the Valley of Gods. Kullu Shawl is in existence for more than 200 years now. Kullu has been famous for its Pure Pashmina Shawl with striking geometrical patterns and vibrant hues. A large quantity of Kullu shawls are weaved on traditional handlooms in villages by individual weavers.
Description of the Goods
Kullu Shawl is well-known for its good quality and texture. Textures, methods of weaving are its unique features.
Kullu shawl can be described as fabric made on the handloom with yarn on which value addition is done by inserting design threads (width-wise) during weaving by hand to develop geometric/ floral motifs in such a manner that both sides of the fabric give the same look. The yarn used to manufacture this Pure Wool Shawl is either mill spun or spun by traditional methods and fabricated on Khaddis [Traditional Handlooms]. Skilled labor is required for carrying out designing and weaving operations to maintain excellent production. Kinds of yarn used to manufacture the Shawls are local wool, Merino wool, Angora, Pashmina, Synthetic yarn, Cotton, and Yak wool. The fabric is also used to make mufflers, dressing material with traditional Kullu patterns.
– Kullu Shawl’s designs are geometrical in nature whereas other shawls are embroidery based.
– Kullu Shawls have unique characteristics that give the same look from both sides due to its weaving, design, and color combination.
– Kullu shawls weaved pattern can be taken on two or four heads fly shuttle loom. The weft threads are entered alternatively in the shed made by healds which are raised and lowered as per the weave by pedals. Insertion of more than one colored thread in a single pick (cut weft) by hand during weaving with the reversible effect makes this fabric as it is not possible to get such effect with any other looms whether power loom or any sophisticated loom.
– The Kullu shawls are marked by a harmonious combination of colors and designs that evolved over the centuries.
– Shawls are available in a wide variety, ranging from extremely fine to very coarse.
– The material traditionally used for Shawl weaving was under fleece obtained from the mountain goat, Pashmina, found in the higher reaches of Kinnaur and Lahaul & spiti.
You will find a huge collection of Kullu Shawls Online at gitagged.com. So just go ahead and get set to buy Pashmina Shawls Online from GI Tagged for Ensured Quality, Authenticity & affordability where our mission stands for: from the Very Land to Your Hand.
You can just walk-in to our GITAGGED Store in HSR Layout to shop Best Pashmina Shawls in Bangalore. We deal in Pashmina Shawl and Stoles (Pure Wool Shawl) Wholesale also.