A craft form in which a warp tread is lifted and a knot is tied to it manually and pushed at the end. The process is repeated to obtain desired designs. Origin :
A Shepherd fell in love with a girl of a weaver community, both the family ousted them and they started to live in the outskirts of the Village, this eventually led to a new community and caste called as Dangasia who discovered the technique of Tangaliya about 700 years ago. The craft was born out of necessities of the climatic, social and cultural conditions of the people.
- A unique technique of adding Motif.
- Motif created by Arrangement of Knots.
- Effect of coloured beads on the fabric.
- Hereditary skills of Dangasia community.
- Light Weight, Warm and Soft.
Why You Should Buy Tangaliya ?
- Shear luxury with touch of authentic craftsmanship.
- Soft to the touch. It allows easy movement.
- Keeps you warm and cozy on a cool day.
- Gives you imperial look.
- Ideal for social or casual occasions during changing weather, and especially during winters.
- The perfect gift for all occasions and seasons.
Tangaliya is Made of natural fabric and has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI) Status by Government of India in 2009 with the GI Number 111.
- Gentle hand wash or machine wash.
- Use mild detergents to wash at home
- Do not twist or wring the shawl.
There are no reviews yet.