“Machilipatnam Kalamkari” visually identified by the all over floral Twine/Persian designs which are block printed and produced in traditional laborious methods using natural vegetable dyes.
The Kalamkari hand-block printing practiced in Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh is unique and has its own distinct style, not found in the other types of Kalamkari work. Peculiar richness in the water of Machilinatnam which is said to account for the brilliance of colors.
The Block Printed Kalamkari Sarees are handcrafted to perfection by skilled artisans who are endowed with critical skills in intricate design, having decades of experience behind them in their respective fields. In certain cases, these masterpieces can take up several months to take final shape to the satisfaction of a craftsman.
- Made of Pure Cotton.
- Traditional Hand Block Printed Motifs.
- Intricate and delicate overall Persian twine motifs.
- Perfect harmony and distribution of the colors used in the designs.
- Hand Block Printing using traditional preparations of raw material and tools.
- Dyed with Natural & Organic Colors Extracted from Barks, Flowers, Fruits, Seeds & Roots.
- Use of Natural Mordants.
Why You Should Buy This Machilipatnam Kalamkari Pure Cotton Saree?
- Durable, Fashionable, and Low Maintenance.
- Adds effortless elegance.
- Can be worn with more ease and comfort for daily use.
- Simple and very light in weight hence, easy to carry all day long.
- Can be worn in all weather conditions. It is best suited for hot sunny days.
- Best suited for traditional, ceremonial, and religious occasions.
- As for formal places they are the best choice because it gives a neat and smart look.
- Similarly, they can be worn for official events, festivals, parties, and also casually.
Machilipatnam Kalamkari has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI) status by the Government of India in 2008 with GI Number 71.
- Can be maintained with just hand wash and ironing.
- Avoid soaking for too long.
- Do not squeeze or wring.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry in shade.
Feel the comfort with this Soft, lightweight, and most importantly, very comfortable in all weathers, even in the hot sunny days, Machilipatnam Kalamkari Pure Cotton Saree.
While a Saree is never complete without some jewelry, you can always enhance the style with Ethnic Jewellery from our diversified collection.
There are no reviews yet.