Malabar Black Pepper (Powder) – 100gms | 1Kg
₹ 112 – ₹ 617 incl. GST-5%
GI Tagged Malabar Black Pepper Powder
|Period of Origin||
2000 – 3000 BC
Erst while Madras Presidency (Kerala, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka)
|GI Status Awarded||
2007 – 2008
- Sanskrit authors describe black pepper as acrid, pungent, hot dry, carminative, and useful in intermittent fever, hemorrhoids, and dyspepsia.
- In modern Indian medicine, pepper is employed as an aromatic stimulant in cholera, weakness following fevers, vertigo, and as a stomachache in dyspepsia and flatulence.
- Its action as a stimulant is specially evident on the mucous membrane of the rectum, and so is good for constipation, also on the urinary organs, externally it is a rubefacient useful in relaxed conditions of the rectum when prolapsed; sometimes used in place of cubebs for gonorrhoea; given in combination given in combination with aperients to facilitate their action, and to prevent griping.
- As a gargle it is valued for relaxing uvula, paralysis of the tongue.
- On account of its stimulant action it aids digestion and is specially useful in atonic dispepsia and torbid condition of the stomach.
- It will correct flatulence and nausea.
- It has also been used in vertigo, paralytic, and arthritic disorders.
- It is sometimes added to quinine when the stomach will not respond to quinine alone.
- It has also been advised in diarrhoea, cholera, scarlatina, and in solution for a wash for tinea capititis.
(Note: Since Pepper Sold at GI TAGGED is very pure without any Adulteration and of Extremely Good Quality our Customers can use the same for all medicinal purpose in the supervision of Experts for Natural Home Therapy).
- Pepper has a sharp, hot, and biting taste. It is a warming spice.
- It is one of the oldest and most important spices in the world. So important that in ancient times it was used to pay taxes.
- India has always reigned supreme in the production of this most exotic and sought after spice.
- The Malabar Pepper of Kerala provides a quarter of the world’s supply of Pepper. Malabar Pepper is highly aromatic, with a distinctive, fruity bouquet.
- Tellicherry Pepper from Malabar region is considered the most complex, balanced, and elegant of the black peppers.
- It is actually a special type of pepper which has been allowed to ripen completely so that it develops more flavor, sugar, and size. Its aroma is sweet and spicy. Its flavor is rich and bold.
- Malabar Black Pepper has a perfect combination of flavor and aroma.