Guntur Sannam Chilli (Powder) – 200gms
Known to bring Tears in Your Eyes with Exquisite Aroma and Unique Taste
Out of stock
Email when stock available
GI Tagged Guntur Sannam Chilli
The word Sannam in Telugu means thin or long. The very name of the chilli indicates two facts – the description of the fruit and more importantly the strong antecedents arising from Andhra Pradesh. Atleast 4 grades of Sannam Chillies are known to exist. They are,
S.S. – Sannam Special – which is light red in color, shining, with length of 5cm and more.
S.G.- Sannam General – which is light red in color, shining skin, with length of 3 to 5 cm.
S.F. – Sannam Fair – which is blackish a dull red in color with length of 3 to 5 cm.
N.S.- Non Specified – This is not a regular grade, and is meant to meet specific requirements of the buyers which are not covered under regular grades.
Guntur, Warangal, Prakasam and Khammam Districts
|GI Status Awarded|
2010 – 2011
- Chilies are Called as Fruits of genus Capsicum.• Chilies have been a part of the human diet since 7500 BC.
- There are over 400 varieties of Chillies in the world.
- Christopher Columbus was the 1st Europeans to encounter Chili & called them Peppers.
Guntur Chili’s, the red hot chili peppers of India are Known for clearing Mucus Membrane in the stomach and in respiratory passages, Stimulate appetite, Helps to clear lungs and are Rich in vitamin C (185 mg/100g) and protein (11.98g/100g).
(Note: Since Guntur Chilli Sold at GI TAGGED is very pure without any Adulteration and of Extremely Good Quality our Customers can use the same for all medicinal purpose in the supervision of Experts for Natural Home Therapy).
Guntur Sannam Chilli has got its specific characteristics which have enabled it to earn international and national acclaim. Sannam chilli is generally known to trade as S4 type chilli, and is mainly used for its pungency and for the extraction and derivation of capsaicin.The following are the chief attributes/characteristics of Guntur Sannam Chilli:
- The Guntur Sannam chilli belongs to Capsicun Annum var longhum variety with long fruits (5 to 15 cm in length) and diameter range from 0.5 to 1.5 cm.
- The chilli has thick skin.
- The chilli is hot and pungent with average pungency of 35,000 to 40,000 SHU.
- The chilli is red with ASTA color value of about 32.11.
- The content of Capsaicin is about 0.226%.
- This chilli is rich in Vitanin C (185mg/100g) and Protein (11.98g/100g).
- The peak harvesting season is from December to May.
Best Suited for High Spicy South Indian Dishes and for Non-Veg Dishes. Guntur Chilli when Mixed with Byadgi Chilli enhances Spicy heat and imparts Colour to your Recipes, a secret combination used across south India since ages.