Andhra’s Guntur Chilli (Powder) – 200gms | 1Kg
₹ 65 – ₹ 298 incl. GST
Guntur Chilli Powder/ Lal Mirch Powder
Guntur, Warangal, Prakasam and Khammam Districts
|GI Status Awarded||
2010 – 2011
- Chilies are Called Fruits of the genus Capsicum.• Chilies have been a part of the human diet since 7500 BC.
- There are over 400 varieties of Chillies in the world.
- Christopher Columbus was the 1st European to encounter Chili; called them Peppers.
Guntur Chili’s (whole or in powdered form), the red hot chili peppers of India are Known for clearing Mucous Membrane in the stomach and respiratory passages, Stimulate appetite, Helps to clear lungs, and are rich in vitamin C (185 mg/100g) and protein (11.98g/100g).
(Note: Since Guntur chili powder Sold at GI TAGGED is very pure without any Adulteration and of Extremely Good Quality our Customers can use the same for all medicinal purposes under the supervision of Experts for Natural Home Therapy).
Guntur Sannam Chilli has got its specific characteristics which have enabled it to earn international and national acclaim. Sannam chilli is generally known to trade as S4 type chilly and is mainly used for its pungency and the extraction and derivation of capsaicin. The following are the chief attributes/characteristics of Guntur Chilli Powder:
- The Guntur Sannam chilli belongs to Capsicum Annum var long hum variety with long fruits (5 to 15 cm in length) and a diameter range from 0.5 to 1.5 cm.
- The chilli has thick skin.
- The chilli is hot and pungent with an average pungency of 35,000 to 40,000 SHU.
- The chilli is red with ASTA colour value of about 32.11.
- The content of Capsaicin is about 0.226%.
- This lal mirch is rich in Vitamin C (185mg/100g) and Protein (11.98g/100g).
- The peak harvesting season is from December to May.
This Red chilli powder is Best Suited for High Spicy South Indian Dishes and Non-Veg Dishes. Guntur Chilli when Mixed with Byadgi Chilli enhances Spicy heat and imparts Colour to your Recipes, a secret combination used across south India since ages.