GiTAGGED® Lucknow Chikankari Hand Embroidered Salwar Suit Set
₹ 1,922 incl. GST
1 in stock
One of the finest embroideries of the world known to transform the plainest fabric into flowing yards of magic.
|Fabric||Pure Cotton ; Dupatta – Chiffon|
|Real-time Images or Video||WhatsApp us on|
- Keep all tags intact to the fabric.
- Keep the product & packaging in its original condition.
- Refund will be processed within 7 days of receiving the product to the original payment mode.
- Dispatched within 1-2 working days
- Detailed Pre-Shipment Inspection
- Ensured Geographical Origin, Quality & Authenticity
Lucknow Chikankari Hand Embroidered Salwar Suit Set
Fabric Used – Traditional Chikankari is embroidered on Muslin cloth (lightweight cotton cloth in a plain weave) with a white thread.
Motifs – The most common motif used is that of a creeper. Individual floral motifs may embellish the entire garment or just one corner. Among the floral motifs embroidered, the jasmine, rose, flowering stems, lotus and the paisley motif are the most popular.
Colors – The dye used is made up of different varieties of gum trees and which is dried into small lumps.
The embroidery process of Lucknow Chikankari is very complex and needs a lot of expertise.
The process undergoes five different stages namely cutting and stitching, printing, embroidery, washing and finishing. Cutting is carried out in lots of 20-50 garments. The layouts are done to minimize wastage of materials. Stitching is often done by the same person. Printing is carried out by the use of wooden blocks dipped in dyes like Neel and Safeda. After this, the fabric is embroidered by women. The last process, which is washing and finishing, takes about 10-12 days. This includes bleaching, acid treatment, stiffening, and ironing.
About 40 different stitches are used for Lucknow Chikan embroidery. Each stitch is used for one purpose only.
- Do not soak it in detergent for so long.
- Wash separately.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry in Shade.
- Iron at low heat.
Why You Should Buy This Salwar Suit?
- Hand Embroidery.
- Embroidered by Expert Weavers.
- Authentic from Lucknow.
- Best suited for traditional, ceremonial, and religious occasions.
Lucknow Chikankari has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI) Status by Government of India in 2008 with the GI Number 102.
- ₹ 1,446 incl. GST Add to cart
There are no reviews yet.