Malabar Black Pepper (Whole) – Kali Mirch – 100 Gms
Andhra's Guntur Sannam Chilli (Whole) - Dry Red Chilli - 200gms ₹ 63 incl. GST
GiTAGGED® Channapatna Eco-friendly Daily Elegance Glaze Wooden Bangle Pair (Orange) ₹ 215 – ₹ 223 incl. GST
Malabar Black Pepper (Whole) – Kali Mirch – 100 Gms
₹ 110 incl. GST
Malabar or Western Ghats of India is known to have given the world, the first Peppercorns. It is an old but important part of Indian History that the trade route was sought mainly for the Black pepper then called as Black Gold.
GI TAGGED Malabar Black Pepper Whole
Black Pepper Whole from Malabar has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI)
Status by the Government of India in 2008 with GI Number 47.
- Malabar or Western Ghats is known for its quality Black Peppercorns.
- This sabut kali mirch has a sharp, hot, and unique biting taste.
- The aroma is strong, but with a distinctive fruity bouquet.
- Its flavor is rich and bold.
- It has a 3-Layer pouch and also has a 1-year shelf life from the date of packaging.
Why GI TAGGED Pepper Whole from Malabar?
- Grown Under the guidance of former experts of ICAR.
- We grow pepper using organic fertilizers at our plantation.
- Hand-sorted dark peppers .
- Green Peppercorns are blanched using the best practices.
- Because of all the above factors we produce Quality peppercorns.
- Moreover No mixing of Low-Quality Imported Pepper.
- Most importantly, we follow the prescribed mandates of GI Act 1999 of Government of India,
Providing Authenticity, and adhering to the prescribed processing process.
- Centralized processing plant of International Standards.
- Also, we do not have any Vendors or Middleman.
Uniqueness Of Malabar Pepper Whole:
- Black Pepper has a sharp, hot, and unique biting taste. It is a warming spice.
- One of the oldest and valuable spices in the world. Taxed in ancient times.
- India has always reigned supreme in the production of this most exotic and sought after spice.
- The Malabar Pepper of Kerala and Karnataka provides a quarter of the world’s supply of Pepper.
- Malabar Pepper is highly aromatic. As a result, it gives a distinctive, fruity bouquet.
- Tellicherry Pepper from the Malabar region has the most complex, and elegant black peppers.
- Excellent Quality Pepper is sold at GI TAGGED, no Adulteration.
- Used for medicinal purposes under the supervision of Experts for Natural Home Therapy.
- We also have 1kg Pepper Whole package.
GI Tagged has a variety of spices available at the retail store. We also provide spices like pepper powder 100gm and 1kg, Hot chili, Green Tea, etc. at the very best quality and price.
(For Bulk inquiries, mail us at [email protected])
|Period of Origin|
2000 – 3000 BC
Erst while Madras Presidency (Kerala, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka)
|GI Status Awarded|
2007 – 2008
- Sanskrit authors describe black pepper whole as acrid, pungent, hot dry, carminative, and useful in intermittent fever, hemorrhoids, and dyspepsia.
- In modern Indian medicine, pepper is employed as an aromatic stimulant in cholera, weakness following fevers, vertigo, and as a stomachache in dyspepsia and flatulence.
- It acts as a stimulant, and clears the mucous membrane of the rectum, and so is good for constipation, also on the urinary organs, externally it is a rubefacient useful in relaxed conditions of the rectum when prolapsed; sometimes used in place of cubebs for gonorrhea; given in combination given in combination with aperients to facilitate their activities, and to prevent griping.
- As a gargle, it is valued for relaxing uvula, paralysis of the tongue.
- On account of its stimulant action, it aids digestion and is especially useful in atonic dyspepsia and torbid condition of the stomach.
- It will correct flatulence and nausea.
- It has also been used in vertigo, paralytic, and arthritic disorders.
- It is sometimes added to quinine when the stomach will not respond to quinine alone.
- It has also been advised in diarrhea, cholera, scarlatina, and in the solution for a wash for tinea capititis.
(Note: Since Pepper (sabut kali mirch) Sold at GI TAGGED is very pure without any Adulteration and of Extremely Good Quality our Customers can use the same for all medicinal purpose under the supervision of Experts for Natural Home Therapy).
- Malabar Black Pepper GI Number–49 & 56.
- Pepper whole is the number one selling spice in America.
- Scientific name–Piper Nigrum
- Fresh Pepper comes in many colors, green, black, red, and white but all come from the same plant, the color is related to how ripe it is and how it has been processed.
- In the Middle Ages, a man’s wealth was measured by his stockpile of pepper.
- The Romans would even demand pepper as a ransom when besieging a city.
- Pepper — kali mirch is native to India and grows as a tall vine with the peppercorns as flowering drupes.
- It has been used in cooking for over 2000 years!
Malabar Black Pepper Shows Strong properties to correct the seasoning of dishes when added at the end of Cooking and is Best Suited for Spicy Non-Veg Dish and Seafood preparation.
Malabar Pepper the Geographical Indications (GI) registry of Government of India in 2008.