Orissa Ikat or resist dyeing, involves the sequence of tying (or wrapping) and dyeing sections of bundled yarn to a predetermined color scheme prior to weaving. Thus the dye penetrates into the exposed section, while the section remains un-dyed. The patterns formed by this process on the yarn are then woven into the fabric.
Why You Should Buy This Saree?
- Rich Luster.
- Made of Pure Cotton.
- Exclusively from the weavers of Orissa.
- Looks very classy and graceful.
- Durable, Fashionable, and Low Maintenance.
- Adds effortless elegance.
- Can be worn with more ease and comfort for daily use.
- Simple and very light in weight hence, easy to carry all day long.
- Can be worn in all weather conditions. It is best suited for hot sunny days.
- Best suited for traditional, ceremonial, and religious occasions.
- As for formal places they are the best choice because it gives a neat and smart look.
- Similarly, they can be worn for official events, festivals, parties, and also casually.
Orissa Ikat has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI) Status by Government of India in 2006 with the GI Number 29.
- Gentle hand wash separately in cold water with mild/liquid detergents.
- Avoid soaking for too long.
- Do not squeeze or wring.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry in shade.
Feel the comfort with this Soft, lightweight, and most importantly, very comfortable in all weathers, even in the hot sunny days, Orissa Ikat Cotton Saree.
While a Saree is never complete without some jewelry, you can always enhance the style with Ethnic Jewellery from our diversified collection.
There are no reviews yet.