Originated in 8th Century AD, Ilkal Sarees are produced on pit looms with the combination of 3 different yarns, Cotton x Art Silk x Pure Silk, and it is known for its durability and comfortableness.
- Pitloom Woven.
- Highly durable.
- Woven using cotton warp on the body and pure silk warp for the pallu.
- The pallu carries designs of temple towers.
- Broad border.
- The body, pallu, and border of this piece is woven on different looms and subsequently attached with a series of loops, locally termed as the Tope Tani technique.
Why You Should Buy This Saree?
- Luxurious in appearance.
- High durability and comfortableness.
- Adds effortless elegance.
- Can be worn in all weather conditions. It is best suited for hot sunny days.
- Best suited for traditional, ceremonial, and religious occasions.
- As for formal places they are the best choice because it gives a neat and smart look.
- Similarly, they can be worn for official events, festivals, parties, and also casually.
So, if you are looking for something alluring and affordable, then this can be the best saree for you.
Ilkal Saree has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI) Status by Government of India in 2007 with the GI Number 43.
- Can be maintained with just hand wash and ironing.
- Gentle hand wash separately in cold water with mild/liquid detergents.
- Avoid soaking for too long.
- Do not squeeze or wring.
- Do not bleach.
- Dry in shade.
Feel the comfort with this Soft, elegant, and most importantly, very comfortable in all weathers, even in the hot sunny days, Ilkal Cotton-Silk Saree.
While a Saree is never complete without some jewelry, you can always enhance the style with Ethnic Jewellery from our diversified collection.
2 reviews for GiTAGGED® Ilkal Roman Green Cotton-Silk Saree