Locally known as Chak Hao, Black Rice of Manipur is an Aromatic Glutinous which is cultivated by traditional methods where the farmers do not apply any agro-chemicals nor they use any motorized implements in the cultivation process. Buy Authentic Manipuri Black Rice Online.
It is a scented Black Glutinous Rice of Manipur which is in cultivation over centuries and characterized by its special aroma.
According to historical Reference, the Black Rice at Manipur was introduced by Buddhist Monks in 400 B.C and was First cultivated by King Poireiton in his land “Poi”, Poi is the first generation of Manipur Society, hence the Black Rice is also called as Poireiton Chakhao (Chak=Rice, Hao=Delicious).
- It has a mild nutty taste and a special aroma.
- It has dark purple hue in its outer bran layer that is so intense that the rice appears to be black.
- Once cooked, the black color usually turns deep purple.
- It is stickier than regular white rice or brown rice.
- It takes longer cooking time of 40 to 43 minutes due to the presence of the fibrous bran layer and higher crude fiber content.
- Healthiest Breakfast Cereal.
- Being sticky in nature, it is ideal for desserts such as rice pudding, kheer, sweet dishes, rice bread, even noodles, pasta and so on.
- Packaging – 3-Layer pouch with 6 Months shelf life from the date of packaging.
- In accordance with the prescribed mandates of GI Act 1999 of Government of India, ensuring Authenticity, and adhering to the prescribed processing process.
Chak-Hao (Black Rice of Manipur) has been Conferred with the Geographical Indication (GI) Status by Government of India in 2019 with the GI Number 364.
(For Bulk enquiries, mail us at [email protected] )
Also try our Tulsi Joha Rice Of Assam – 1Kg. Rich in Carbohydrates| Higher Aroma than Basmati.
keywords : Chak Hao Black Rice Online, Chak Hao Rice, Chak Hao rice online, manipur black rice, Original Black Rice
Also called Forbidden Rice!
will be buying more next time